Pitching My New Novel Series
Yesterday I was trying to come up with some ways to pitch my complex new series, House of Cabal. House of Cabal is soft sci-fi with other shades of speculative fiction in the mix, so it can be hard to create a short logline. Here are some of the ones I came up with.
- Humans discover a way to change destiny. A witness angel must stop them before they rip the fabric of reality apart.
- A mysterious organization holds a life and death contest for the ultimate prize: eternal youth.
- A modern day couple discovers the Garden of Eden, with far reaching consequences through time and space. (This one sounds like a sci-fi novel from the 70s. I’m not sure that is a bad thing.)
- A witness angel discovers a human epic hidden from God. (I like this ones, but I’m worried it might be too vague.)
- A witness angel must deal with the repercussions of a modern day couple discovering the Garden of Eden.
- A meek, virtuous accountant is invited to an opulent and mysterious estate to rewrite his past and save the future.
If you take all these pitches, add in some hedonism, and you get a pretty good idea of what my series is about. But I’m not sure one alone hits the mark yet. It doesn’t hurt to keep brainstorming.